Archief
Artikelen

De terreur van de NATO-rebellen zegeviert nu over Tripoli. In het Rixos-hotel zijn journalisten en buitenlandse waarnemers bang dat ze als ratten in de val zitten. Het hotel is al geplunderd, er is nog slechts voor een paar dagen eten, buiten gaat het schieten nog door en af en toe klinkt er een luide explosie. Tripoli is bevrijd, ten koste van 1.300 doden en 5.000 gewonden in slechts een nacht. Tripoli is bevrijd: in plaats van orde, veiligheid en een vreedzame ramadan heersen er nu verdriet en pijn, angst en chaos.

Bij deze een overzicht van de gebeurtenissen van vandaag:

From Tripoli, Thierry Meyssan reports on the carnage he has witnessed. Article posted on Monday, at 0:35 AM.

Nato Carnage in Tripoli

On Saturday, 20 August 2011, at 8:00 PM, that is to say just after the Iftar, the breaking of the Ramadan fast, the Atlantic Alliance launched “Operation Mermaid.”

The “mermaids” are the mosque loud speakers which were used by Al Qaeda to send the signal to start the revolt. Immediately, rebel “sleeper cells” went into action. Small, highly mobile, groups kept multiplying the attacks. The night combats left 350 dead and 3000 injured.

The situation stabilized on Sunday during the day.

A NATO ship docked near Tripoli unloaded heavy weapons and discharged Al Qaeda jihadists, supervised by officers of the Alliance.

The fighting raged again on Sunday night, reaching a rare degree of violence. NATO drones and planes have been bombarding in every direction. Helicopters are strafing people in the streets to clear the way for the jihadists.

In the evening, a convoy of official cars carrying prominent figures was attacked. It took refuge in the Rixos Hotel where the foreign press is staying. NATO would not dare bomb it in order to spare its own journalists. The hotel where I lodge has been under heavy fire.

At 11:30 PM, there was nothing the Ministry of Health could do but to take note that the hospitals are saturated. By early evening there were 1300 additional casualties and 5000 injured.

NATO was entrusted by the Security Council to protect civilians. In fact, France and the UK are now back to resume their colonial massacres.

Monday, 1:00 AM: Khamis Gaddafi personally went to deliver arms to the hotel and left. There is heavy fighting all around.

Overgenomen zonder toestemming, met dank aan Thierry Meyssan die zich in Tripoli bevindt. Heel veel sterkte gewenst.

‘Rebels being gathered in Tripoli for a purpose’

Published: 22 August, 2011, 10:05

Independent journalist Lizzie Phelan who is in Tripoli says allowing the rebels inside the capital could well be a strategic move on the part of Libya troops who have corralled the rebels into a single location.

She argues that loyalist forces remain in de facto control of the city.

Most of the rebels who are not busy looting are now gathering on the Green Square in the center of Tripoli waving flags.

“What we have heard is that the strategy of the Libyan government and army was to permit the rebels into the city because previously they have been operating in a sneaky manner and it was very difficult to know who they were and where they were hiding, so that they could be dealt with in a direct manner,” the journalist says, adding that if this information proves true – it would be interesting to see what NATO undertakes to support the rebels on the ground.

Meanwhile, there are reports that an assault on Muammar Gaddafi’s last stronghold – Bab al-Aziziyah compound – has started. The colonel’s whereabouts are unknown.

Reports say rebel forces are controlling most of the capital, Tripoli, with the exception of government residences in the city center.
­Foreign journalists trapped in deserted hotel in Tripoli

Foreign journalists who have been obliged to stay in a hotel in Tripoli during the conflict are now trapped in the building as practically all the staff and security personnel have run for their lives.­

Journalist Mahdi Nazemroaya from the Center for Research on Globalisation is in Tripoli and has crossed live to RT, saying the situation is critical and the next several hours will be decisive.

According to journalist, the rebel Transitional Council have ordered snipers to control the area around the hotel where foreign journalist are staying to ensure that no chaotic scenes develop in the vicinity. There is an electrified mob outside chanting clearly audible victory slogans and shooting in the air and the situation is increasingly tense.

“There is no security, the only security is journalists securing the perimeter [of the hotel] by themselves,” Mahdi Nazemroaya said, adding that the rebels have been checking the documentation of guests at the hotel, which has been abandoned by staff, and have discovered that some of the journalists using the hotel are not journalists at all.

Mahdi Nazemroaya says “Yugoslavian” tactics have been used, with NATO bombing out military and civil infrastructure to clear the way for the rebels.

“NATO did all the work here with the bombing and their leaders must be held accountable as war criminals for killing civilians,” he said, questioning why NATO is engaged in toppling Muammar Gaddfi while regimes in Qatar and Bahrain have been suppressing democracy and killing their own people without being held accountable.

Looters are already ripping off computers and screen projection units from the first floor of the hotel, going through rooms and grabbing whatever they can.

The journalists in the deserted hotel are panicky, hanging signs saying “TV” and “PRESS” wherever they can, including on themselves.

Journalists are hoping against hope that they will be evacuated from the hotel by international contingents from the UN, not NATO. Nazemroaya says crowds have gathered outside the hotel with the express aim of sowing panic and intimidating the press.

Libyan rebels claim they control most of Tripoli.

Two of Gaddafi’s sons have been arrested with some reports suggesting the leader himself is in a specialist cardiac unit in a town 14 kilometres east of the capital.

Following a night of chaos in the capital, crowds have gathered in the city’s central square waving revolutionary flags.

RT: Obama: Gaddafi’s rule is over

Published: 22 August, 2011, 07:05
Edited: 22 August, 2011, 12:03

RT: EU leaders urge Gaddafi to hand over power

Published: 22 August, 2011, 12:48

Toppling Tripoli: ‘Gaddafi plans massive counter-attack’

Geüpload door RussiaToday op 22 aug 2011

Rebels are claiming they are in control of most of the Libyan capital Tripoli, although state TV is still airing pro-Gaddafi programmes. Heavy fighting has been reported near the Libyan leader’s residence. Earlier three of his sons were said to have been arrested. Following a night of chaos in the capital, crowds were seen in the city’s central square with people waving revolutionary flags. Dr. Franklin Lamb – the director of Americans for Middle East Peace who was shot by sniper on Sunday- says Gaddafi may be preparing a massive counter-attack.

In het Rixos-hotel is nu weer een internet-aansluiting. Herman Morris had weer verbinding met Franklin Lamb en Mahdi Nazemroaya in Tripoli:

Franklin Lamb Tripoli August 22 Morning update

Mahdi Nazemroaya in Tripoli Late Morning 22 August

Night video of rebels in Tripoli’s Green Square, celebrations in Benghazi

Geüpload door RussiaToday op 22 aug 2011

Euphoric Libyan rebels took control of most of Tripoli in a lightning advance on Sunday, celebrating the victory in Green Square, the symbolic heart of Moammar Gaddafi’s regime. The leader’s whereabouts were unknown, however, and pockets of resistance remained.

Tripoli inside report: ‘Snipers target reporters, NATO bombs falling’

Geüpload door RussiaToday op 22 aug 2011

Government tanks are shelling parts of central Tripoli despite rebels claiming they are in control of most of the Libyan capital. One of Gaddafi’s sons is reportedly leading forces towards the city centre. Earlier three of his other sons were said to have been arrested. Heavy fighting has been reported near the Libyan leader’s residence. Meanwhile state TV is still airing pro-Gaddafi programmes. Rumours are circulating that Gaddafi may be in talks with South Africa about a possible escape despite denials from both sides. Following a night of chaos in the capital, crowds were seen in the city’s central square with people waving revolutionary flags. Journalist Mahdi Nazemroaya says the hotel in Tripoli where the foreign press has been obliged to stay during the conflict has been looted.

RT LIVE Inside Tripoli: Journos trapped in looted hotel, bombing heard

Geüpload door RussiaToday op 22 aug 2011

Government tanks are shelling parts of central Tripoli despite rebels claiming they are in control of most of the Libyan capital. One of Gaddafi’s sons is reportedly leading forces towards the city centre. Earlier three of his other sons were said to have been arrested. Heavy fighting has been reported near the Libyan leader’s residence. Meanwhile state TV is still airing pro-Gaddafi programmes. Rumours are circulating that Gaddafi may be in talks with South Africa about a possible escape despite denials from both sides. Following a night of chaos in the capital, crowds were seen in the city’s central square with people waving revolutionary flags. Journalist Mahdi Nazemroaya says the hotel in Tripoli where the foreign press has been obliged to stay during the conflict has been looted.

De onafhankelijke journalisten worden nu bedreigd:

Thierry Meyssan, who runs the French VoltaireNet blog, said that from the Rixos Hotel, the order was given by so-called “journalists” from the United States to bring down Mahdi Darius Nazemroaya and Thierry Meyssan.

He said that “Rixos propaganda journalist (Sky News, BBC, CNN AlJazeera) are now trying to murder independent and freelance reporters, all so the truth will not come out”.

NRC geeft steeds een update op deze pagina: LIVE: regime Gaddafi wankelt – hevige gevechten bij hoofdkwartier Gaddafi

16.55 uur NRC-correspondent Thomas Erdbrink vanuit Tripoli spreekt via de telefoon met de NOS. Hij zit in het hoofdkwartier van de rebellen in de hoofdstad, maar zelfs daar zit hij niet veilig!

Share and Enjoy:
  • NuJIJ
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Hyves
  • RSS
  • email

6 Reacties op “Libië update: plunder en chaos in Tripoli”

  • Theegas:

    Wat ben je ook voor een idioot. ik heb persoonlijk contact met 2 journalisten in het Rixos hotel en het wordt niet geplunderd.
    Ze zitten op de eerste verdieping vast in het hotel.
    Missy Ryan van Reuters en Matthew Price.

    Mailtje van Missy uit de Rixos
    Speaking of hacking, twas v creepy to see printed copies of journos’ private emails. Confirmed suspicions of govt online surveillance

    Skynews reports that looters moving into #Rixos hotel… Not really. A few are taking things but not many

  • mr. drs. BOU:

    Theegas alias TG of Tegegas of Tegengas,

    “A few are taking things but not many”

    A few are dead and wounded, but not many…

    Omdat ik denk dat je verdient per geplaatste reactie, zoals trollen van de VN-NATO-CIA-AIVD meestal toekomt, mag je nu weer een biertje nemen op BOUblog. PROSIT!

    Tripoli is verwoest door de NATO. Heil NATO!

  • @ hotgas

    Ik heb de video beelden van de kamer gezien die door Mahdi werd getoond.
    Het was de perskamer waar minstens 12 computers stonden, ik was daar misschien 50 keer in die kamer.
    Er was een grote flatscreen TV en 2 printers.
    De andere kamer met de grote luchter had een groot filmscherm en projectoren.
    Nu was er NIETS, ik zou dus graag weten wanneer het “veel” wordt bij jou?

  • grutte pier:

    Ik huil met het moedige Libische volk en ben tegelijkertijd woedend
    over de laffe NATO-aanvallen en de zwijgende media en het NOS-journaal
    over de éénzijdige berichtgeving in het voordeel van de kriminele
    rebellen.
    Nu begint zeker het leegplunderen van de Libische kunstschatten, enz.
    Kunt U mij een e-mail adres geven van het NOS-journaal!
    Iedere dag kijk ik naar verschillende sites en vooral naar Boublog.
    Bedankt voor de goede berichtgeving!

  • mr. drs. BOU:

    @ Mercury, het wordt bedtijd. Tegengas is een trol die m.i. per reactie wordt betaald. Zo gaat dat nou eenmaal. Hij drinkt nu een glaasje bloedwijn op onze kosten. “Veel” is voor hem nooit genoeg.

    Zaplog gaat aan de trollen ten gronde, maar BOUblog is nog steeds onafhankelijk. Morgen dus meer…

  • Ik huil met het moedige Libische volk en ben woedend over de laffe
    NATO-aanvallen en de zwijgende media. Het NOS-journaal bericht eenzijdig
    of helemaal niet en staan ook helemaal achter die kriminele rebellen.
    Daarom zou ik graag een e-mail adres van het NOS-journaal hebben,
    waar je op kunt reageren. Ik kan daar niets vinden.
    Iedere dag kijk ik naar verschillende sites, maar vooral Boublog.
    Bedankt voor de goede berichtgeving!

Recente reacties